Announcing auditions for Verdi’s Un ballo in maschera
Heroic Opera Company is now booking auditions for our 2017-18 season opener! We’re proud to be teaming up with the Opera Mariposa to present a semi-staged production of the classic Verdi opera Un ballo in maschera, or A Masked Ball, coming to the stage November 2017. We are auditioning artists for all roles, though we are only seeking a cover for the role of Amelia at this time.
- AUDITION DATE: Sunday, June 25th, 2017
- AUDITION VENUE: Vancouver Academy of Music, 1270 Chestnut Street, Vancouver – Room 22A
- PRODUCTION DATES: Friday, November 17th and Sunday, November 19th (matinee)
- PRODUCTION VENUE: Canadian Memorial United Church, 1825 West 16th Ave. Vancouver
- HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply with your audition time and accompanist name. Please mention which role(s) you are interested in, as well as whether you are an Equity artist; unfortunately, we only have limited spots for Equity artists at this time.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, June 21st, 2017
Please bring two contrasting arias if you are auditioning for a named role, or one aria if you are auditioning for chorus only. For principal roles, at least one aria should be in Italian.
If you are interested in auditioning but are not available on June 25th, or if you would like to audition remotely, email us a recording (sound or video) along with a headshot and resume, and you will be considered along with our other auditioners. The deadline to send a digital audition is Friday, June 24th.
Please note that there will be a $10 pianist fee upon arrival at your audition; alternatively, you may bring your own accompanist instead. This will be a co-op production – further details available at audition.
If you’d like to be notified automatically about upcoming auditions, click here and sign up for our auditions mailing list.